Friday, June 11, 2010

Made it to Houston, Texas

I'm here sitting on the floor outside the women's washroom because it's the only place with an electrical outlet. I'm not ashamed- there's another woman beside me : )
The flight was surprisingly fast and nice. I sat beside a lovely elderly couple from Florida, who were just returning from an Alaskan cruise. I enjoyed talking with them, but I noticed that my speech changes when I'm conversing with Americans. I speak more slowly and at a 4 to 5 year old verbal comprehension level. Oh well - they didn't seem to mind - I think they liked it actually.

Now on to my long haul flight - 10 hours to Rio de Janeiro. I plan on taking some sleeping assistance pills and praying for no screaming babies. Fingers crossed!

The adventure has really begun...

2 comments:

  1. Your blog more interesting and beautiful.
    Visit: www.coisinhasdamarcelaparablog.blogspot.com.
    ALL FREE. They are backgrounds, banners, buttons, ... and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a scent-free spot for your emailing.
    I adore that you've noticed that you speak to people with a molasses tongue.

    ReplyDelete