Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lots of firsts


Today has been busy and wonderful.
Like I promised, I'll try to stick to the highlights.
- I had my orientation this afternoon, sitting by the pool in the sunshine with wild parrots flying overhead. I felt quite relaxed about my choice to be here.
- was walked to the grocery store and left there to do my own shopping. It took me FOREVER (and talking in Portuguese for the first time!) to figure out that the eggs were placed with the vegetables. For Brazilians that is the obvious place to put eggs I guess.
- had an delicious BBQ at a house just up the street, hosted by my volunteer co-ordinator. I met like 20 people and after about 2 hours my brain became numb from trying to follow conversations in Portuguese, French and English.
- I particularly liked the bathtub bbq and these 2 boys who reminded me of a comedy duo, like Jonah Hill and Michael Cera. Only these guys were French, skinny, and smoking non-stop.

Church tomorrow! Good times. Praise God : )

2 comments:

  1. Michael Cera IS skinny...
    Was he wearing a beret? Maybe it was him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was'nt sorry..! But in fact i'm not skinny, i'm really gorgeous. Lov to my fans

    <3

    ReplyDelete