Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am happy. What a nice morning.


Minus my room mate having to leave this morning, Angie. I'm going to really miss her. She was so good to me while I was sick. Patient, caring, and attentive. I know the nursery where she volunteered for 11 months will miss her dearly as well.

The picture below is of Timothy and Angie and I at the 'going away' dinner we held for her the other night.

Back to this morning. Yes, it was satisfying. I slept in until 9:30, hung around by the pool and suntanned, then I swam for about a half an hour (the first real exercise I've had in over a week!- highly unusual for me, it's because I've been so sick), and then met up with Steph. We went and got our nails done. It was an awesome cultural experience. Extremely cheap too! Like $5 for a full manicure. Crazy, I know.

We walked around a bit, then I came back and had a grilled cheese sandwich and fresh watermelon. Scrumptious.

Off to my project now. It's only a half day on Tuesdays.

I think I'm becoming quite accustomed to living here, finally. And, I'm becoming a little more assertive about trying to speak Portugese with strangers. It can be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Our third Timothy sighting!!!
    This one was complete with the chipmunk!

    Nice Brazilian manicure!

    Glad you are finally adjusting into the Brazil-Life!

    ReplyDelete