Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that


I´ll keep it short tonight for 2 reasons: one - my day was not very exciting - and two - I have a sore throat so I think I should head to bed pretty soon.

Highlights of today:

- Visiting with the French crew this evening. Their guesthouse is just two doors down, so I popped by. It´s fascinating meeting new people, hearing about life in other countries. Plus, I think I´ve made my first ever Jewish friends : )

- Watching the rain pour down with one child, silently, as we stood at the window together. It´s beautiful how children are naturally open and willing to share moments, without explaining or feeling awkward.

And random Rio info:
- If you love McDonalds and have a bunch of money kicking around, Brazil is the place to be! You can actually order McD´s from your house and it is delivered to your door, for an extra cost. Could it get any easier for a lazy person? I think not! (I haven´t done it yet, but I´m definitely contemplating it ha)

-there is street art/graffiti absolutely everywhere. The city is a very colourful enviroment. Very vibrant, very loud.

The picture above is of art on the street I walk up and down every day to get to my project. Thought I´d give you a litte taste...

2 comments:

  1. The art is so beautiful, I can imagine something as small as expressing art is what makes a town feel like it is bursting with culture, such a different feeling. I wish it felt like that here...

    Sometimes I really wonder who has it right, the simplicity and beauty that is created when people spend the time to just do art, make music, and stroll through town sounds so peaceful... I think I am seriously craving summer and travel!

    ...... I am really unimpressed that you can order McDonalds to your house! WOW!! Hahah obviously, you have to do this!

    What is the weather like in Rio right now, I noticed you are always in a tank top but then it rained?!?

    Miss you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I order McDicks and have it delivered all the time.
    No big deal.
    Just get married to Mike.
    :)

    ReplyDelete