Friday, July 2, 2010

Quick update



Even though Brazil lost in the Fifa World Cup of soccer this morning, the city remains quite upbeat. I think most people had expected to party today, and are going to continue to be festive, regardless of the score.

We watched it at the beach again. I managed to get one of these pictures by holding up my camera behind me. Love it!

After the game I came back and went for a run at Flamengo beach. Running by palm trees and feeling the warm ocean breeze was like a dream for me. It felt so good to exercise, since I've missed a week due to being sick. I think it's probably been over 2 years that I've gone that long without running.

Sometimes the days feel extremely long here, and sometimes one day feels like a couple of hours. Yesterday, I had to be reminded that it was Canada Day - I completely lose track of dates and live by the sun - literally. I don't have a watch so either I ask people the time, or just estimate based on how low the sun is in the sky. I like it that way : )

Going out tonight with everyone. I'm excited!


2 comments: