Friday, July 9, 2010

Late night cookies and Coke


Currently it is 4 am and I just packed away about 9 or 10 little cookies, and I'm finishing up the Coke Zero that Rachel left behind from the other volunteer house. Today has been a very long day, but a good one. I'll cut to the chase, since I have to get up in 3 in a half hours.

Highlights of today:

-getting my nails done again and having a lovely chat in Portuguese with two of the ladies who work there. I'll post pictures of them tomorrow if my camera works (the lens won't focus properly sometimes).

- relaxing at the beach with Dani

- dancing with the kids at the favela. Because our favela leader didn't turn up for our afternoon session, we joined in on a dance class in the big community centre.

- having INCREDIBLE sushi in Leblon, the posh area in Rio, with Haley and James (the other Canadians), Dani (project partner), Lucy (my room mate) and Ze (a local Brazilian that we made friends with).

- after dinner we went to a local club. However, I was not informed that this club is known for attracting a gay and lesbian crowd, and I was quite confused as to why these girls kept wanting to dance with me. Ha! First time for everything in Rio it seems. I wasn't even drinking any alcohol, and it took me about 15 minutes to finally catch on that there was a reason those girls were so friendly.

My last day tomorrow at the project! I can hardly believe it.

The photo above is of us: Me, Ze, Lucy, Dani and Gabriel (Dani's friend)


1 comment:

  1. I hope you cut loose and had a great time dancing!!!

    ReplyDelete