Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The end

So I guess this is the end then. Where I conclude the chapter.
Probably no-one is still reading at this point, so I can be as honest as I want ha

Could you tell that this month changed my life? Day by day I think I have become a new person of sorts. Not just a new person, but a little more mature and a little more secure in who I am created to be.

Instead of going on for ages, I'll just sum it up with this one anecdote:

One crazy night I met this guy named Jonathan, and we got to talking about our lives, and faith and deep stuff like that.
At one point in the night, I asked him point blank: "what are you living for?" He replied, and then shot the question right back to me.
Without pausing, I said the first thing that came to me (it was about 4am at this point).

My response? One that I will never forget. One that I think actually articulates what this trip was about, and who I am.

I replied, "I'm living for holiness, life, love and service".

Brazil was the catalyst for me. To start to understand who I am, to test my limits, to realize a dream of mine.

I highly encourage anyone else to do a trip like this. Honestly, if I can do a month alone working in a dangerous city speaking a new language, you can do that life changing thing you've been thinking about.
For real.

Praise God for the experience. I know it was and is a part of His good plan.

: )


1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading...
    :)
    Happy Birthday, Claire. I am so proud of you. And we just know God is too.

    Many blessings on you today - may you know how very much He loves you. And has a good plan for you. He's already making things ready for you in Vancouver - I am looking forward to seeing what He is going to do through you.

    Hoping you are having a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete