Thursday, July 1, 2010

One of those days...




that you rarely get the chance to have. A day that you will treasure, one that you reminisce about. When you are sitting at work, looking out the window into the grey cold and you think, oh yea, there was that time when I was content with my life, with everything. Happy.

Three reasons why today is a day to remember:

- I got to see the Christ the Redeemer statue with a great group of volunteers

- This afternoon at project, I experienced one of those moments that I had prayed for - true connection and beauty with the children as we laughed and played soccer and danced and talked.

- Going grocery shopping, making myself a nice dinner, talking with my room mate, Lucy, and skyping with my friend James. Seems simple, but it is hugely important for me. It's about learning how to be independent, making new friends, and keeping old ones. It's a shift in my life that I am navigating, with God's blessing.

Here are some photos:
(See Dad, I actually do work!)
: )



1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Another good day!
    Happy you are having fun, but can't wait for you to return for my own selfish reasons. I miss you!
    Can't wait to hang out over a steaming cup o'tea!

    ReplyDelete