Monday, July 5, 2010

Full Day



Today was a regular Monday - as normal as it gets while working in the slums of Rio de Janeiro.

Highlights of today:

- having Haley along for the project today. Her Portuguese is better than mine and it makes things so much easier with her around : )

- painting the wall murals in the favelas. I can't wait to get a picture. Honestly, they look terrible, like a 4 year old did them. It's hilarious. I will not be signing my name or country underneath, that's for sure.

- having a nice long lunch with Dani, Haley and Jordan (another new volunteer, from Texas).

- doing arts and crafts with the kids this afternoon. I love the hugs they give. I also love it when they call you Tia, which means Auntie.

I'm tired, but a good tired. A worthwhile day.
Beach day tomorrow!

Photos: old ones, since I didn't get any pictures today. I apologize for the blurriness of the first photo, it is that way because I snapped it while we were rocketing along in a bus. Not bad in my opinion!
Some of the awesome volunteers: (Left to Right) Fleur, Shane, Me, Victoria, Rachel, Danielle, Lucy.

1 comment:

  1. Claire! You should sign someone else's name and put USA as your country... heh. heh. heh...
    that will be a lame prank, but it shall last a while.

    ReplyDelete